OSWESTRY BORDERLAND HERITAGE
Visitors: 24734

Dyffryn Tanat and Region Development Trust
Chairman Kenton Owen QGM
Consultant David Higman MBE
Charity Reg. No. 1139072
Company Reg. No. 6905623

Llanyblodwel School


First school called Blodwel Charity School stood over the vestry at the west end of the north aisle of the church inscription on stone built in the west wall was erected AD 1919.

The master resided in an upper room until 1828 when the roof became unsafe. He was put in residence at a cottage called Bridge House some teaching was carried out while repairs took place.

1859 Llanyblodwel Church of England School for 100 children was completed. Land given by the Earl of Bradford. Closed 1948/9

1893 Committee of Management of Schools in the Parish of Llanyblodwel chairman Rev. Ellis Owen and his deputy Mr Ellis.

1948/49 The school closed.


One of 2 school log books discovered (500 pages) of day to day life at Llanyblodwel School between 1871 and 1903.

Source Ken Owen.

2nd school log book of Llanyblodwel school from 1903 to December 1922.

Source Ken Owen.

Order from Vicar (Elias Owen) for coal and sticks for Llanyblodwel School from Savin & Co dated Feb 22nd 1897.

Source Ron Hughes.






Recent photo of Llanyblodwel School (2013)

Source Ken Owe.
© 2017 Oswestry Borderland Heritage |  Website by NashLabs |  Hosted by Weboriel