OSWESTRY BORDERLAND HERITAGE
Visitors: 23627

Dyffryn Tanat and Region Development Trust
Chairman Kenton Owen QGM
Consultant David Higman MBE
Charity Reg. No. 1139072
Company Reg. No. 6905623

Queens Head



1875 map showing the canal wharf at Queens Head. Note the tramway which leads from a small sand pit under the Rednal Road and onto the canal side.

Source Ken Owen






1926 map showing Queens Head. Note the tramway leading from the enlarged sandpit but only going to the yard of the Corn Mill which was the mill in the next photo.

Source Wilf Jones.





Early photo showing the baker outside the flour mill on the left and the licencee of the Union Inn (now demolished) on the right




Another early photo showing the old toll house(again now demolished)





Photo showing the Union Inn(Now demolished)






Early 1900 photo showing a rare sight of a motor car outside the shop
© 2017 Oswestry Borderland Heritage |  Website by NashLabs |  Hosted by Weboriel